(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Monday, May 08, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 128

Have you ever been talked into something that you regretted doing?
What did you learn from that experience?

7 Comments:

Blogger Pandoras daughter said...

I was talked into going to a self help group. I actualy enjoy it, so everything turned out well.

5/08/2006 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a young teen the "bad crowd", who happened to be my neighbors, talked me into going with them to break into an empty house (you wanna be our friend, dontch??). They proceeded to vandalize the house and we were caught within 24 hours. I ended up spilling to the cops by mutual consent because I was the only really innocent one in the group. Two were shipped to military school, and two were beat by their father. I was grounded for an entire summer. I very much regret sucumbing to the peer pressure.

5/08/2006 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, I would have to say yes to that question. I also really don't want to get into details about it. I just want to say is that whatever you do, be yourself and don't let anybody tell you what to do(unless you're doing something bad).

5/08/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Karaoke!

I will never do it again!

Yikes!

5/09/2006 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yha after that i decide that it was not a smart move i learned that you dont always have to be cool

5/10/2006 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To date, nothing important or detrimental enough to remember. I guess I've mostly marched to my own drum, so to speak.

If I recall anythng, I'll add it here.

5/10/2006 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back... thought of two such incidents. When I was about 13 years old, friends I was hanging out with 'dared' me to jump off of a bridge into water which was flowing from a dam into a wide stream & making its way to the river. I was scared but did it anyway. It gave me a rush, I guess, because it became a habitual thing... I did it everyday for weeks.
Until one day my friend Hayden jumped, hit a rock & split his head open. While some of us helped him out of the water, others high-tailed it to the nearest house to call for an ambulance. Hayden had, I don't remember how many stitches... he survived. I never jumped off that bridge again.

Another time was when I was about 20- an older man 38 "manipulated" me into meeting him in Boston... it was a freakin' nightmare- I ended up in the hospital. I thought I was a big girl... I was still niave. Anyway, I didn't listen to my intuition & lived to regret that. I did, however, learn that not all people, even those who appear to have it all going on- be successful are good people.

5/10/2006 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home