(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 119

Do you do your very best when you are working on a project (school or work) or do you do just enough to get by? Why does it make a difference how hard you work or how good the results are?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In most instances, I do give my all- my best shot- which sometimes varies under different circumstances. Ocassionally, I have done things such as read only the summaries at the end of chapters- to get through a class or semester because I had too much on my plate & had to let something slide; keep in mind, I work full-time, have a family which is party made up of two teen-agers who do not yet drive... a home with acres, & two dogs... the whole enchilada.

Worse, for me personally, is to know that I didn't do my share as part of a group, than to know that I didn't give my all when working independently.

4/29/2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger b said...

I give what I can, sometimes it isn't 100%.

I have found that some things just don't need every ounce of energy (you should see my kitchen right now!), especially while I'm multi-tasking to keep things working. Sometimes just keeping up has to be enough.

When I commit to someone concerning a project, however- I give it the most I can manage, because I have promised someone that I can relied upon to provide a finished, well done job. I work harder if I am on a team because I know that other people are relying on me to be ready with my part. I also consider my music to be somethign that requires the utmost I can give to it.

I would like to think that my kids get the most I can give, sometimes I get tired or grouchy, and the evidence clearly says to me that I could have done better.

But, I try, I really do.

4/30/2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Some projects get 120% of my time and energy and others may only get 50%.

It all depends on what my role is, what my personal investment in the outcome is, and how much (time and energy) I have availabe to give.

In most cases I can live with that.

5/08/2006 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home