(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Friday, May 05, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 125

Do you think that progress is hurting the environment (land, water, air, etc.)?
What would you be willing to give up to make it better?

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I think that over-population has impacted enormous consumer consumption which has, in turn, produced massive amounts of waste products and that these factors have caused more harm than progress itself.

I would drive a smaller and more economical car. I would use ethanol if it were readily available. I would shop smarter and waste less. I would grow more of my own vegetables.

I would give up a large living space and live more economically.

5/09/2006 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES I DO BELIEVE THAT PROGRESS IN AMERICA AND AROUND THE WORLD IS HURTING THE WORLD. I WOULD GIVE UP ALMOST ANYTHING TO HELP THE WORLD BE A BETTER PLACE.

5/10/2006 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, to quote songs.. "they call it progress, but I don't know" & "..pave paradise & put up a parking lot." The wild life in the rural area are confused. Several small housing developments come to the country & we are seeing more & more fox, bear, cyotes, deer, & such. While it is enjoyable to see them roaming through the back yard, it isn't without potential problems for both animals & humans. It has has caused some parents to think twice about leaving their little one's out of doors, we've been discouraged from leaving any food scraps out of doors... including uncovered compost ; not to mention that the animals are being forced out of their territory. I live in an area zoned rural district. Thus, new construction is minimal, but there are some areas where homes & businesses have taken over.


Most of our factories... moved south, some way south.

Polution.. automobiles, incinerators, & waste (I recently learned that trash is trasported, by semi-trucks, from New England to the mid-west... to be disposed of i.e. burnt- put cause poor air quality elsewhere.

Disposable diapers... all that's not biodegradable... recycle- reduce waste.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what I'd give up; If I were in a position to do so, I would walk to work, or ride share.. ... recycle is a given... I will give this further thought.

5/10/2006 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last week, when I answered this question, I got into the impact building new construction may have on "disorienting & aggression" of wild life, & in turn the potential impact on humans. While I do not know details of the goings on of the area.. in Florida i.e. new construction, etc. It crossed my mind, that something is out of balance for three recent gator attacks resulting in - human fatalities on land & in recreational areas of Florida.
Inquuiring minds.. ...


video Video: Gators blamed for 3 deaths in Fla. yahoo

5/15/2006 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home