(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 201

How do you think the world will eventually end (weapons, wars, natural disaster, or something else)? Can anything be done to prevent it from happening?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

There are many possibilities of how the world could end, Top two in my mind are Natural Disaster or Disease. I believe it will be a plague of somekind. A disease that is resistant to current technology.

And as to how to prevent it? Hard to prevent against what is unknown. As long as scientists are funded to do research in bacterial studies, etc. then at least that would be something.

or we could get hit by an asteriod, or mother nature will just take back the planet. Who can know? But that is my guess

7/20/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

I believe what I have been taught all my life thru the Bible, and the book of Revelation.

Right Now, with the wars going on, It seems to be right along those lines.

That's just me

7/20/2006 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't think about it much~ I figure it's one of those things I have no control over. I would like to ride away from this world upon a white horse & hope to either rest, or "live on" in peace, though.

7/20/2006 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty tough question for the adult crowd Michelle, but I suspect your students have less trouble answering this one. I should like to hear some of their answers.
My easy answer will be a combination of all the above. My complicated answer will be that it already has ended... and living in lag time as we do we just haven't realized it yet.
It ended because a fundamental disconnect occured between human beings and memories of the horrors
of poverty.
The poverty of children in all it's manifestations has come to be the future, and they don't think like we do. How could they...

7/20/2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger b said...

It won't.

Nothing can be done to prevent this.

7/21/2006 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home