(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 137

How does it make you feel when you see someone crying?
What do you do?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

I always wonder what it was that made them upset. And if i feel its appropriate I ask if they are okay. Then i reach out to touch them... and if they are receptive, i give them a hug. no words...

Hugs are the best answer to most pains. If the person is willing to accept them.

5/17/2006 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are different kinds of tears; tears of joy, tears that come because one is overwhelmed with emotion, bitter-sweet tears, tears of regret, guilt, anger, or disappointment, tears of desparation, crocodile tears, tears of sorrow, those which are like a flood gate finally opened, tears of fear, tears of relief... ... because of past experience, I generally will ASK if the person crying wants to talk, a hug... a moment of silence. I've been known to cry along from time to time & disclose a bit of my own experience. There are some people whom one does not need to ask, you just know that they need to be held. Sometimes, a person simply needs to be told to go ahead & cry... "cry, baby, just cry" & that's enough.

5/18/2006 1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it depends who I see crying. if it is my family I will feel sorry for them and try to make them feel better. If it is a person on the steets, I think I would have to know their situation. Then I would try to make them feel better. I would not just go to any one on the street and ask them what is wrong.

5/18/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

My empathy gene broke when the twins were born so if I see someone else in pain then I frequently hurt WITH them even if I don't know what it is about.

The news can make me cry. I have to say a quick prayer or send good vibes when I see or hear ambulances and fire trucks because I know that someone may be hurt somewhere and even that can make me sniffle if I think about it.

If it is someone that I know then I may wrap my arms around them and hold them while they cry or simply be near or even leave them alone. Most people will give you clues (body language) as to what they need. I try to listen to that and be there for them in whatever capacity I can be.

5/20/2006 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home