(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 47

Is it difficult to be assertive?
Why or why not?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is hard to be assertive because many people are afraid to stand up for what they feel is right.People are afraid of being judged or not in the cool crowd I think that is stupid but some people do not.

2/16/2006 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Diana O said and people don't have a clue on what assertiveness and what proactive means. All because of excuses, excuses, excuses.

2/16/2006 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY NO IT IS NOT HARD BEING ASSERTIVE. IT IS NOT HARD FOR ME PERSAY BECAUSE, I REALLY NEVER HAD A PROBLEM TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. WELL THEN AGAIN I HAVE A PROBLEM TELLING IT LIKE IT IS, BUT ONLY ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, LIKE THE PERSON IT IS.

2/16/2006 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is not because I just be myself, well most of the time.

2/16/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'd say that I manage to be assertive about 85-90% of the time.

The only times that it becomes difficult for me are when I'm frustrated and begin to be less tactful that I know I should be. That's not being assertive when you aren't being courteous and respectful. I'm working on that.

The other times are when I have simply given up and no longer choose to make a stand for something. At some point you sometimes have to decide that this is NOT the hill you want to die on and just let something go and move on.

2/16/2006 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that, for most people, it is difficult the first few times. I also think that people are more likely to be assertive when it concerns something that they either really care about or feel confident in their understanding of the issue. I also believe that the tiniest piece of doubt preceeds every assertive action. Those labelled assertive generally get over that initial fear a little faster than others. I also believe any and every person is capable of being assertive. We usually worry so much about the worst case scenarios that we psyche ourselves out. The truth is, that in the vast majority of times, the worst case never happens! Once you realize this, it becomes easy to take control of the situation, to own the stage, etc., and finally be assertive.

2/18/2006 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me it is at some point difficult to be assertive. Because most people think about what other people will think about them

2/24/2006 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home