(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 39

Have you ever told a lie to get out of trouble only to find yourself in even more trouble than you were to start with?
What can a person learn from this?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can honestly say no I have never told a lie and then got in trouble for lying. I think that sometime lying is neccessary but only if it life altering or a white lie.

2/08/2006 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes. I have also found out that it loss trust and friendshipes. So I try to teel the truth no matter what but at times I am not thinking what might happen to me or the other person at the time. So yes a person can learn from this if they really wan't to.

2/08/2006 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes actually just about 1 month ago I lied to my house staff about self abuse. I cut myself and I was on a high level and lied so I wouldn't loose. Also I made it worse because its sad that I cant trust myself.

2/08/2006 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, that has happened to me. I learnt two things:
Dont lie,
If you do have to lie, bend the truth instead- its easier to get away with.

But I only tend to lie to get out of homework trouble, and, regretfully, to my parents and even then rarely, but more than I would like.

2/08/2006 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I told my dad I did not steal something of his for a while but then he caught me and I got in more trouble. A person can learn not to do it again.

2/09/2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes. never to do it again

2/09/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

My mom tells me that I was a stubborn kid and if I told a lie to get out of trouble then I wouldn't budge from it for nothing.

I don't remember doing that but she IS the boss.

I have been guilty of being evasive and telling a lie of omission to avoid responsibility and it just as icky as telling an outright lie so I learned that, for me, it is easier to not only tell the truth but to be the very first one to do it so that I am, in essence, telling on myself. I'd much rather my boss hear from ME that I screwed up than hear it from other people.

2/10/2006 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Honestly, I can't think of a time where it actually worked and was really able to get out of trouble, at least in the long run.

What I've learned is that lieing only digs a deeper grave. You just get into even more trouble or are totally embarrassed when you are found out. Much like Michelle said, just fessing up about something seems to reduce the bad consequences of an action.

2/18/2006 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home