(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 40

What makes you respect someone?
Is it more important to like a person or to respect them?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, the person would have to be a nice person, honest, and consistent. You know, righting wrongs and whatnot. Also, I would probably still respect someone if they were pushed past their exploding point, because I've been there before.

2/09/2006 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes me respect someone. I respect other people to gain respect from them. I think its more important to respect somemoe more then likeing them.

2/09/2006 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the people I most often respect are people who have a strong moral code and aren't afraid to state it, show it and live by it. These people aren't "joiners" - they act consistently regardless of what crowd of people they happen to be with. Now I guess to actually like a person, their outlook, lifestyle or opinions have to be somewhat similar to my own ( at least on issues that I consider important). I think it is important to both like and respect a person if I would expect to have any kind of a lasting relationship with them.

2/09/2006 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its more important to respect someone than to like.

2/09/2006 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that liking and respecting somebody are completly different. I think that you can show common curtesy and not even know somebody. I also think that you can dislike somebody and still show them respect. I think that by liking somebody you could be even more polite.

2/09/2006 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I respect a person if they respect me.I do feel that it is more important to respect someone. I also feel that many people put on fronts so I always try to watch my back for backstabbers.

2/10/2006 9:58 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I respect integrity, compassion, and the ability to learn from mistakes.

Although I enjoy being liked it is respect that I think is most important.

A person can dislike another person and still treat them with respect but being disrespectful is just ugly.

2/10/2006 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I respect others who are courteous, honest, consistent, and have an inner drive that causes them to act on something.

As to which I think is more important, that depends on the nature of the relationship. I have met some people who I really didn't give much respect to who were actually goodhearted people. Because it was just a casual meeting, it was more important for them to be likeable than respected. However, when you really need to rely on the person, respect is key. I may need that person to tell me something I don't want to hear and at that time I'm not too likely to like them, but I'd need to respect them in order to take the good advice or whatever.

2/18/2006 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home