(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 42

Do you have a soul and, if "yes", what is its purpose and what happens to it when you die?

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Well, in the way I look at things, I think what you're referring to would be the spirit; not the soul.

I believe we are triune beings, created in three parts by a triune god:

body

soul

spirit

Our body is, of course, simply our flesh.

Our soul is a sort of membrane that allows or body and spirit to communicate or coexist.

Our spirit is the true us; and it is eternal. All of us are forever; where we spend that forever after this life in our flesh is matter of choice. We can accept the gift that is freely offered, or refuse.

2/11/2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger Anica said...

I agree with what dave said. and to add: i think that the soul is our truest purest self that we tap into everyday and because we can't be ourselves at 100 percent, we do wrong things to others and ourselves.

2/12/2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yes.

I think that soul and spirit are synonomous. They are our very essence.

I don't have the answers as to what happens when my physical body dies but I do believe that the spirit/soul continues on.

2/13/2006 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the soul is nothing more than a moral compass and I'd like to think I have one. I believe that deep down, I know what is right and wrong and that I don't need any book, thing, or person to tell me. It just feels to me like common sense.

I guess its purpose is to keep me from pissing off others so much, so as to avoid being punished in one way or another.

When I die, I will donate it to someone! Seriously, I don't know. I have absorbed so many different spiritual ideas that I don't know what I believe in regards to this question. Maybe it doesn't matter what happens to it after we die. Maybe it reemerges in some other living thing or some other "location". Maybe it just goes away. I don't know. I bet I find out one day!

2/18/2006 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home