(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 207

Who or what inspires you? Why?

5 Comments:

Blogger b said...

One of my favorite quotes concerning inspiration was written by Patanjali, a Rishi and the father of Raja Yoga, who lived about 2100 years ago, he said:

"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and your discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be."

I am inspired by those who are closer to the way I want to be than I am. If I want to learn to play guitar well, I get with people who play well - I put on a CD (or the radio) adn play along - inspiration comes when I can connect to the energy these virtuosos feel as they produce thir work. Some artists and music work better than others.

My children inspire me - they are intelligent, and think differently from me - sometimes a word or phrase will bounce my mind to a higher level of thinking.

I am learning that all of my life can be inspired, not by watching other people or things act, but by connecting to the energy that inspires them to act that way, which helps me to find my own way.

7/26/2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

Wow. Love inspires me. I think the love of others, and of myself.

yea. Love.

7/26/2006 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes injustice inspires me to rant... Most times tenderness inspires me to write. Also, the ocean, clouds, stars, friends, children, music, love & lovers, births & deaths... occassionally nostalgia... most recently... hopes, dreams, beliefs, desires, the sweetest & simplist of things.

7/26/2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really am notorious for P.S.'s...
When I think I've obstacles in my way, I have a tendancy to think of Helen Keller. That woman overcame some mighty dire obstacles, & achieved more than most.

7/26/2006 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well there are many people that insprie me. i guess you can say that the whole world inspires me. just looking at the decsions that other people make and then how they act upon them show me whether or not i want to take a certain path.i mean if you really think about it you would find yourself doing what i do even though everyday it goes un-noticed.

7/27/2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home