(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Monday, June 19, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 170

Do you think that schools should provide students with free and confidential birth control? Do you think that parents should have the right to know if their children are still underage?

3 Comments:

Blogger b said...

Yes

Yes

I would also appreciate expanded classes concerning STDs, most importantly HPV. Kids should know more about what they're getting into. I also think relationship and parenting classes should be required for all high school children.

To further answer the original question, I would much rather have the birth control AND the parental notifications - but, if it were necessary that I give up one of these two options, I'd give up the notification option - young adults will have sex - making nominal protection available seems sensible.

6/19/2006 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with b. Well Said.
I would prefer have birth control made available AND to know that my under~age daughter or son is making use of it. However, if it came down to choosing between my knowing or protection from unwanted pregnancy &/or disease, protection would take priority over my knowledge.

Geez, I hope that both my son & daughter are comfortable discussing ANYTHING with me.

6/20/2006 6:29 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

No and Yes.

I think that schools are already overburdened with the "raising" of children and that parents NEED to be responsible for this aspect of their child's development.

If my child is 16 or older then I can see them having some privacy in matters like this but my 12 year old should NEVER be allowed to have access to birth control or abortions without my knowing about it. What if they are being abused or taken advantage of and in their own immaturity they have NO clue? Bad idea!

6/20/2006 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home