(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Friday, June 09, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 160

Are times of transition (new house, new job, new relationship, etc) easy or difficult for you? What coping skills have you used that help you?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transition can be both exciting & anxiety provoking. I sometimes get overwhelmed when too many changes happen within a brief period of time.
But change is inevitable... I think that I've pretty much & well accepted that as a fact of life.

One way that coping skill which I have acquired is to stop, take a break, not do another thing, for a bit of time... another, is to find the humour in virtually any situation, sometimes I need to simply vent bottled up stress just to get it outside of myself, and I'm still learning when to simply let some things go... just let 'em go.

It is comforting to have someone you really trust to talk to, & or to "collaborate" with on the journey.

6/10/2006 6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've embraced my move from my hometown with what I'll call a weary enthusiasm. It requires more economically in my(our) new place, so that has it's own stresses.
My coping skills have to do with a serious survival instinct, and a love for the journey. Hopefully and faithfully, I forge ahead.

6/12/2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Bran, I didn't forget my imagination...

6/14/2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

Transition for me has always been exciting. I see life as an adventure, and every new road is a new experience. That includes all the joys and the pitfalls. i recently moved from Texas to California, leaving behind all my friends and family. i had a few friends here, so thankfully that helped me feel more secure when I landed.

Coping skills, hm... well, that is just something each person has to learn on their own. the things that help me over the rough spots are the things i enjoy, music, talking to friends, writing down all my fears and dreams/journaling, and sleep. remembering that everything happens for a reason, and if i dont keep my eyes open for opportunities they will pass me by. The hard part being negativity... but as i have gotten older, i have learned to laugh at the naysayers and doubters including my own mind talk. And just accomplish, accomplish, accomplish. no matter how small. ( I consider having a clean bathroom an accomplishment! )

6/14/2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think that change is usually a healthy thing so I don't have as much trouble changing as some of my friends do.

I tend to see things in terms of potential and possibility so I am less likely to be stressed out and more likely to be excited about new opportunities.

6/20/2006 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home