(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 151

Have you ever been so afraid of being successful at something that you made yourself fail?
What was scary about it and how did you overcome it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say afraid. More apprenhensive maybe. It's deep in my psyche I suppose, but when something really clicks, I can't enjoy it, not because I think it will go away, but because consistancy is so hit and miss for me. I wouldn't purposely cause myself failure, but somewhere deep inside my head there is a reduced expectation of success. I work on it, but I was ADD before it had a name, and I don't medicate, so my attempts are strictly organic realizations and any victories are welcome but not necessarily celebrated.

5/31/2006 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, I used to think that when something really good happened & all was going well, it was too good to be true & the Nicle Back song says,
"I just feel that I'm constantly dreaming... ...
Cuz something's gotta go wrong
Cuz I'm feelin' way too damn good".
A Murphy's law kind of thing.

But, I've made progress & know to enjoy life... just enjoy all the good- without "what if" thinking, and to go thru the bad in order to get thru it; the bad times help us to be greatful for good blessings
.
I've been alive long enough to know
that as far as good & bad days, or moods... "they will change."

5/31/2006 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little bit of Murphy's Law...

"ANYTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG WILL"...

***NOW, I think about all that can go RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

5/31/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Not really.

I am much more worried about not being good enough or of failing than I am of being successful.

6/20/2006 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home