(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 155

Have you ever had to overcome an addiction or dependence to something? How did you do it?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. I refrained from use of most addictive substances. I was lucky enough to be raised in an environment where the peer pressure was to not try those things rather than the other way around. The one weakness might be caffeine if it is considered in that category. While I do not like coffee or tea, Pepsi is a problem at times. I switched to diet caffeine free if I am consuming too much.

6/05/2006 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If one can be addicted to people or a feeling, I think that I have been addicted a couple of times.. not all bad, - but not the most healthy of relationships, either. What I did was to distance myself physically & emotionally & allow time to do it's thing. Live & Learn, assess, reassess, tread with care.

6/06/2006 12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After smoking cigarettes for 25 years, and facing 40, and a family history of cardiovascular disease
and a war with my own common sense, I quit cold turkey.
I miss it occasionally these 11 or so years hence, but the addiction
is gone.

6/08/2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Food is my drug of choice!

I am, even now, cutting back.

One bite at a time.

6/20/2006 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Drugs were a big problem in my life for a while, and I didn't know how to deal with it until I me the Love Of My Life. Meeting her helped me to see that there are better things in life.

6/28/2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home