(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Monday, March 13, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 72

How do you deal with grief?

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I, too, cry.

It doesn't even have to be my grief. I cry for the grief of others. I think that my empathy gene broke when I gave birth to the twins and ever since then I am emotionally connected to the feelings (good and bad) of others.

Tears are cleansing and offer some release of pent up feelings.

3/13/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner said...

Not well actually...

But I came to realize when my mother died that grief is kinda like giving up something you really like, like cigarettes; at first you miss them ALL the time, and then you will have some periods when you don't think about the person and the pain isn't there. Then you have days when you only think of them once or twice. Then you can go a whole week without missing that person. Then a whole month. But like cigarettes, grief will never totally leave you. You will always want that person back, but soon the pain becomes softer and more bittersweet, you feel the love you have for that person as much as you feel the pain of their being gone. It is a process and it is sometimes hard. But it WILL happen and life will go on as it has for centuries before we were born and centuries after we are gone.

Remember to breathe.

3/14/2006 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I deal with grief in a way were I am able to look at why it is buging me and most the time I do cry and it dose help me get reed of most of my grief, I also used to talk to people to help me calm done.

3/14/2006 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruben,
i deal with grief by jus keepn to myself and noin where my limits are b4 i blow. i try to avoid people i care 4 so i wont hurt them. dats my way.

4/03/2006 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home