(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 71

What do you do to relax and recharge yourself?
Do you think that it helps you to deal with challenging situations?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I play the piano. Or violin. It helps me to recharge and get past my difficult moments. In the thick of it I joke, use humour to relax - waiting for something, when I am nervouse, I will joke, make quips about antyhing around me. The last physical thing is exercise. When I need to think something through properly there is nothing more helpful to do than some kind of boring exercise - chopping logs, or cycling - and then thinking hard whilst doing it.

The other thing is God and religion. There are few places more restful and loving than a church. I can bring my troubles to God and know that someone is looking out for me.

3/12/2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to be out in nature, just absorbing the beauty. I also like to listen to music. If something is really bothering me and it is of a personal nature, I like to go on a solo hike without water and force dehydration. For some reason, I can get to the core of the problem quickly during these moments and come up with highly creative solutions.

I think gaining some level of peace is critical for dealing with the challenges of the future. Music and nature simply recharge my batteries, so to speak.

3/12/2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

I seek solitude. On a grassy hillside somewhere away from others, your mind races, and if you practice a bit, you'll find that you can hear your innerself and those who watch over you. Respect those voices, for they are the ones who will give you the answers.

3/13/2006 7:20 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Quiet reflection time is a great refresher for me. I'd prefer to have it in natural settings (at the lake, the river, or in the mountains, etc) but I can do it anywhere if I have to.

Exercise is good but I don't use is as much as I SHOULD.

Music is also very helpful.

I think that we all need to recharge our emotional batteries from time to time and YES, it helps us respond to challenging situations. We need to be calm on the inside in order to be calm on the outside.

3/13/2006 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I try to do is listen to the radio and take a walk. I do belive that it dose help me calm done and it dose help me deal with challenging situations when I get upset.

3/14/2006 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruben,
i sit around and listen to music to relex or i just write my rymes or poems for myself. well it dont always help but drinkin some dr.peper sur does.

4/03/2006 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home