(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 63

How do you usually act when you've just done something embarassing in front of a group of people?
Do you wish you could/would react in a different way?

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I can and do frequently laugh AT myself. Sometimes I just crack myself up!

If I "own" it right away and use humor then I actually come away from feeling that even though I did something embarassing - it wasn't the end of the world and I don't have to beat myself up about it or continue feeling bad.

Life is much too short and laughter really is the best last word sometimes.

3/04/2006 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I turn red in the face, look at the floor, laugh a little as my mind scans the list of lame excuses to justify what I just did.
Then in the end I own up, take the deserved jabs and abuse and chalk it up to experience.
We need these moments though, to knock us off of our high horse and equalize the game.

3/04/2006 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Generally I just go even further, but it depends. If its something where I am really embarrased I would do the whole going red, staring at shoes thing. Thats not fun, but its impossible not to do in some circumstances. In fact sometimes it would be almost wrong not to. But most of the time - if I have just tripped over in front of someone, or dropped something, or whatever I get right in and abuse myself before anyone else can. Saves everyone a lot of trouble. And of course if they come up with some imaginative insults, so much the better. Peeps find it a little disconcerting when you laugh too.

3/04/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

i laugh! It took me a long time to get to that point. I am glad that i can laugh at myself. It shows others that they can too.

3/06/2006 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of act defensive at first.
But later act cool.

3/09/2006 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Embarrassment? Eh. I also can and do laugh at myself. It's a total waste of time to take yourself seriously, so I try not to do that. Everyone makes a fool of themselves at some point or another. It's never as bad as you think it will be, so just roll with it.

I didn't always feel this way, in fact, I used to be incredibly shy. Anything and seemingly everything would embarrass me. At some point it just hit me that it was never really that big a deal. So, I guess I've already changed.

3/12/2006 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home