(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 66

What is "respect"?
Can you give respect to ALL people at ALL times regardless of their actions?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes and no! Every one deserves respect but they dont need respect for all of there action a great person once told me

3/07/2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Respect involves courtesy, listening, honesty, tact, consideration, honor, and giving dignity to another person.

I believe that each human being should be respected.

I do not, however, believe that every action or behavior should be respected. I do not believe that one person has the right to cause harm (physical, sexual, mental, emotional, or verbal) to another human being and to do so would certainly lessen the respect that could possibly have for that person but respect should never drop to a total ZERO because that would imply that that person was a complete waste of humanity and I choose to believe that there is something redeemable in everyone even though some may be truly difficult.

We used the example of "child molesters" in class this morning and even though a part of my brain may be screaming that this is the unforgivable act I have to remember that we condemn the behavior but NOT the person. This is a tough one.

3/07/2006 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess respect is basically courtesy and a willingness to not disregard a person or their feelings.

Truthfully, I can not give respect to all people all of the time. I remember at an early age running into people who would demand that I respect them simply because they were older. My grandparents were instrumental in teaching me to respect respectful people instead. In other words, repect had to be earned. Someone who behaved either rudely, or was deceitful, etc. did not automatically deserve my respect. Therefore, they don't get much from me.

I will, however, give a very basic amount of respect to others simply because they are human beings. But, those who get the most respect from me are polite, courteous, and honorable individuals.

3/12/2006 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

6/10/2006 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

7/21/2006 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

8/13/2006 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

8/18/2006 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home