(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 35

When you meet someone for the very first time, which do you notice the most, the ways that you are different or the things that you have in common?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I first notice the things about the person that are different from me. These initial differences are obvious right away because the probably involve physical attributes - height, weight, sex, race, hair style, clothing, etc. Unfortunately, I sometimes pre-judge the person based on these qualities. As I look past these qualities to the real person/personality, I start to learn what I have in common with this other person. This takes more time because we are often slow to reveal our "real" selves to people we consider strangers. The great and ironic part about getting to know new people is that I can easily end up feeling more comfortable around someome who, based just on appearance, I may have thought I had nothing in common with.

2/04/2006 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say it depends on the sex of the person. If it is a female, I definitely notice differences first, not just the physical, but also mannerisms, how they carry themselves, and other things. If the person is a male, I think I look for similarities first, however, if there are striking differences, it's hard not to focus on those.

Ultimately, I would say the things that stick in my mind are probably the differences, though. Differences make others more interesting to me.

2/04/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I tend to find differences more interesting and exciting so they usually really catch my attention.

I think, though, that it is human nature to look for similarities. They help us to identify with people and find common ground to build relationships on.

A nice balance of similarities and differences can make for a GREAT relationship!

2/04/2006 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WWWOOOWWW!!!! very interesting question.

By personal experiences I would say I try to go off of what we have in common. I think it's better that way and I also think that it builds a healthier relationship with that person. I also think that you intend being able to get to know that person for who that person is. I also think that if you judge a person by what you notice on the outside you become very judgemental. I personaly think that knowone wants to be around someone like that.

2/06/2006 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice first how there different then me. because most of the time they have better different qualities then me.

2/07/2006 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home