(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Friday, December 15, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 349

To what degree should parents be allowed to legally discipline their children? Should spankings be legal or illegal?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with you, Wings. Talking to kids helps more then people realize. When I was a kid, I got spankings but I never got a verbal conversation with it. When I would ask why, it was something that was considered talking back and that in itself would warent more spankings.

If parents tryied talking with their kids instead of just demanding obeidence, children would grow up with more understanding and common sence. But please remember that no one is perfect. Even if all parents tried talking, all the problems wouldn't be solved but I think it's a great start.

12/15/2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger teresa said...

Well, my father whooped my butt twice in my life time- I never for one minute though him to be abusive, it didn't scar or kill me. But had I done the the things the "whooping" kept me from doing I very well may have been hurt or dead.

I am opposed to beating a child- when one is out of control angry, leaving welts or bruises- but I think that there are times when a spanking is in order- sometimes to impress upon a child the potential danger of a situation, or as a way to protect them from themselves (having disregard for the mortality of their own lives).

I do not think that physical discipline should be practiced as the routine form of discipline. There are instances when a wrong doing actually opens the lines of conversation between parent & child.
But upon occasion & within limits, I am opposed to a good old fashioned spanking to make the seriousness of the situation be known.

12/16/2006 5:47 AM  
Blogger teresa said...

err: THAT SHOULD READ...

I am NOT opposed to a good old fashioned spanking to make the seriousness of the situation be known.

12/16/2006 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home