(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 173

Do you think that you should ever have to change to make other people happy? Would it be worth it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change the core of who we are... in most instances, no way~ absolutely not; unless that is a rotten core~ which I tend to doubt in most instances. I think that any changes we make in ourselves, must be done, FIRST to make us happy, & SECONDLY to contribut to the happiness & well being of others. We must be true to ourselves before we can be true to another.

6/22/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger b said...

I can't make other people happy, that's their responsibility. However, I can be happy, and maybe someone will learn from that. I know I have had happiness mentors in my life that, just by being themselves, offering their gifts to me, without insisting that I understand or accept, taught me ways to change myself than I could never have imagined before knowing them.

I won't change for anyone, but I will certainly change with all kinds of someones. The ones I know na dlove most have more knowledge of me, and so can help me see ways to change that befefit me and everyone else. Change is a sure sign life, if I quit changing consciously, then I'm wormfood.

I'm sure we have all changed many peoples' lives, most of the what we do that effects other we will never know.

*poof*

You are now different, and so am I!

6/22/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

We talked about this from many angles in the classroom this morning.

In relationships it is important to consider and prioritize what is most important to you.

If I care about someone and they play a significant role in my life then I may very well work to make adaptions that make our interactions more comfortable.

If I wanted to have purple hair but my employer did not want me to look outrageous then, again, I would have to weigh which was more important: to have purple hair or to keep my job. We tend to choose what is most important to us and go with it.

And I while I would be willing to work on habits, mannerisms, or behaviors that would make me a better person, better partner, or better parent I would NOT compromise my core values.

6/22/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

The only thing I might change would be a destructive habit. if I were told by a doctor, that I need to stop doing a health hazard , then I would for me and for my family.
Otherwise, It would depend on what would need to be changed.Like If I was doing something that I was unaware of that hurt the feelings of a loved one, Then I would stop, if I found out it hurt their feelings.

6/23/2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home