(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Friday, November 03, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 307

Have you ever been sad or depressed about something and you just wanted to wallow in your misery and be left alone? What made you finally snap out of it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been clinically depressed. I did NOT want to wallow in it, but was not able to "lift" myself out of it. I could not sleep, had no appetite, lost about 15 lbs in a few weeks time. The best way I can describe it is the following analogy: I felt like I was trapped inside of a cardboard box & didn't have the energy to push the top open, much less climb out of it. My world was becoming smaller & smaller & I was becoming withdrawn & began to isolate. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone. I knew that for this to continue beyond a few days was NOT normal for me; this frightened me & I began to have full blown panic attacks. I thought about doing all kinds of things- drinking, getting drunk, & worse to try to get myself out of feeling numb. BUT I didn't do those things- instead, I began by reaching out for help initially by phoning my physician. Long story short I was diagnosed with depression with an anxious edge. I needed medication to get back on track & a bit 'o therapy as well. One fine morning I woke up feeling like myself again & found it difficult to believe that I had ever felt that down, that bad.
I never want to feel that kind of emptiness or despair again.

11/03/2006 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home