(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 218

Have you ever felt so betrayed or wronged that you wanted revenge? How did you work through those feelings?

5 Comments:

Blogger b said...

heh heh heh

8/06/2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger b said...

I have taken revenge, or, rather retaliated. But, for the most part, if I start feeling like that towards a person, I know I need to just stay away from them until I can reconcile those feelings with what I know to be true, that revenge and retaliation are poor substitutes for understanding.

8/06/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

Yes... I have felt that way.. But then, I start feeling guilty for feeling that way.
I have something in me that tells me that I should try to forgive them and move on. Perhaps even make a friend out of them. I'm a passive person and my head tells me that not everyone is going to like me, but my heart wants me to make friends with everyone.. I know that's not possible, but still I try.

8/06/2006 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, to date, I can't say that I have ever wanted revenge. I have felt wronged, but I'm really not into revenge, but rather ~ walking away... knowing that I am a decent human being & a good friend... it's "their" loss.

8/06/2006 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I would say that it probably happens fairly often to most people - anger leading to a desire for revenge. It's even institutionalized in our culture. The death penalty is nothing more than state sanctioned revenge. Anyway, as far as personal revenge, following through on it leads to nothing but more revenge, more trouble. But the desire for revenge is a strong emotion, one that's tough to choke down. One strategy I've used is to actually plan and act out my revenge in my mind, as a way of getting it out of my system until some time goes by and the need for revenge goes away. Most 'wrongs' that are done to us are small things anyway, not worthy of the anger and negative feelings that they cause.

8/07/2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home