(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 259

If you found out that you had a terminal illness would you tell the people around you or would you keep to yourself to shelter them from hurting? Would you want to know if it was someone that you cared about?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you can hide a terminal illness. I would want someone to at least understand I wouldn't want a pity party.
I would also want to know if it was someone close. They need support.

9/16/2006 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, to both questions. It's all a part being alive on this earth...
& I hope that I would remember- in either event- that attitude is more important than facts.

9/17/2006 4:24 AM  
Blogger b said...

I would keep it to myself until I could no longer do so - not so much to shelter them, more, to create a more peaceful environment for everyone.

I would prefer to know about someone's terminal illness in time to prepare for the end of their life - emotionally, as well as physically. But, I would want to know when they were comfortable telling me.

9/19/2006 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home