(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 256

Do you always say exactly what you are thinking or are there times when you keep some thoughts to yourself? Are you still being completely honest if you are holding back?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't always say everything I'm thinking. There is value in keeping my mouth shut sometimes. Especially when I'm angry because the way the thoughts would be expressed in anger are different than how I express them when I'm calm and have thought about it a bit.

So, I think that not always saying what is in your head does not necessarily impinge in your honesty - but in some instances it could.

I have a friend who raises her child in a way that I don't agree with. I have not said anything to her yet (it's been months since I really started feeling this way), because I'm trying to find a way to say it without threatening our friendship. Is that being dishonest? In a way it is because I find I don't want to spend time with her and her child. The excuses I've made up for not getting together are certainly dishonest.

So, in my view it can go both ways. But sometimes you've got to pick your battles.

Clear as mud? I thought so! LOL

~ankhara99

9/13/2006 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are times~ such as when you are thinking that your boss is a complete idiot~ when it would be best to bite the tongue rather than to voice it.

I believe that whenever possible, it is in the best interest of eveyone involved in a conversation, if "we" think before we speak so as to be as tactful as possible; such times as when confrontation is brewing or when offering {constructive} critism, for examples.

Often times, careless words spoken in anger are poisin to the mind & destructive to relationships.

I'm not suggesting dishonesty~ {when someone we know rather well is holding back~ we have an inkling anyway} BUT rather mindful communication.

9/14/2006 4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mispelled poison!!! dang.

9/14/2006 4:25 AM  
Blogger b said...

I usually say what I'm thinking - and sometimes others' feelings are hurt because I'm not interested so much in being polite.

I do try to be tactful, but honesty is important to me. That does not, however, give me the right to be outrightly mean just because I feel inwardly conflicted or afraid. Not being right hasn't always been enough for me to keep my mouth shut, however...

Sometimes holding back what I say is necessary because it's more importatnt for the person to discover the truth for him/herself.

9/15/2006 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home