(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Question of the Day: Day 253

Have you ever had a time in your life where you just seemed to self-destruct? How did you pull out of it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave in to the idea that I was a fragile human being with an indestructable soul, and in order to make the math work, I would have to stop trying to be the center of the universe and let the burdens of desire slip from my grasp and hold onto other people as if my life depended on it.
It did, and it does.

9/10/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger b said...

I think you can only self-destruct once, and then you get busy beyond the mortal curtain - but, yeah, I've thought about it...

After serious consideration, I realized that I had a whole lot more to do, and that I would not take the easy way out.

I spent more than 20 years working in information technology, and quit - I am still searching for a replacement career, I have some ideas, but am not sure where they're taking me - many people would say (and have said) that I self-destructed, but, it turned out that it was only change...

9/10/2006 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There have been times when I have momentarily felt tormented~ someone once told me that depression is often times nothing other than anger turned inward. Keep that crap inside long enough & you become a "walking infliction"; about as close to hate as I've ever known & directed at none other than self.

What I felt was intense anger which I was somewhat foriegn to me & which I was not comfortable voicing, uttering, mumbling, or screeching. So, I wrote it out; thank goodness for pencil & paper.

I thought about walking off the face of the earth, but gravity kept me here. {Sir Isaac Newton)

9/10/2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Yibbyl said...

Spun out of control a couple of times. The details are mine.

Pull out of it? Interesting question. I suspect I've never totally pulled out. The instances color who I am and how I act on a daily basis. Some would say I am stronger because of the experiences. I would argue I am both stronger and somewhat closed off as a result of these.

I guess I have used simple stubbornness or determination to continue to move past one. I stay focused by concentrating on the big picture and occasionally remind myself that I am moving in the right direction.

The other, maybe I just haven't healed enough to realize I've made progress. I don't know.

9/10/2006 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home